Giorgia Holloway: This Week with Artisans!

This semester I have been lucky enough to continue working alongside Kim Kelly within the Artisans of Spokane. It is the perfect break my Tuesdays need to take my mind off of schoolwork and put all my attention on Kim and the fun times we have every week! A highlight of last semester with Kim was her constant positive attitude about working towards her goals of getting a job in retail. We practice the ways to talk to people and she gives me updates on the skills she has obtained by the time she had previously worked in retail. This helped us see what to work on while I was her mentor! Kim is the sweetest woman with a very talkative personality which I really do appreciate because I love to hear about her life! She absolutely loves to dance and play the board game “Sorry!” which I will never dispute because those are two of my favorite thigs!

Spring semester has already been an awesome time with the Artisans. We recently had Charity Ball which was such an amazing time and all the money raised went to Artisans which was very successful because so many people bought tickets! My mentor group recently went to the arcade and Kim and I hit the jackpot of 10,000 tickets together which was such a fun time! It was great to see Kim again after a whole month away from service and I am so excited for what this semester has in store!

Giorgia Holloway
Setons 2017-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molly Burns: This week as a Seton!

Laura Ackerson: Reflection on Selections!

Annalise Ellefsen: On Leadership!