Annalise Ellefsen: On Leadership!

They told me that being Seton President would be like having another class, and it is, except for it’s the best class ever and has been more beneficial than any of my real classes. I’ve held leadership roles before, but nothing like this. For the most part, Setons in entirely student run. While we have an amazing advisor who is really easy to work with, she steps back and allows us to take charge and lead the way we want to. I have the opportunity to meet with my executive board every Sunday to make sure everyone is on the same page, as well as facilitate weekly meetings with everyone. I’ve realized how many pieces of a puzzle there are to put on event, and how many people need to be involved and communicated to. Being the Seton President I have gained more self-esteem and confidence in my leadership abilities, as well as pride within the Gonzaga community. I am honored to be a Seton, and feel so incredibly lucky that I can be the face of such an amazing organization.

Leadership is one of the main pillars, but it doesn’t just stop at President and Vice President.  Over half of our chapter holds some sort of leadership role, and every one of those roles is fundamental in helping move this chapter forward. While I may have the role of delegating tasks and making sure things are timely and running smoothly, I wouldn’t be able to do my job without the help of everyone else. Each role is instrumental to the entire process and experience of being a Seton. Not to mention, that Setons are our sisters, there is no better support system or people to turn to when you need help than this group of girls.


This experience has been quite the ride, there has been some stressful night trying to coordinate a busy Setons week and serious emails to send, but there has also been amazing memories with people that have come to be some of my closest friends. I can honestly say that being a Seton and getting the chance to represent the organization has been the best part of Gonzaga so far. I wouldn’t change a thing about it, and I am so appreciative of everyone who has helped support me along the way.

Annalise Ellefsen
Setons President
Setons 2017-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molly Burns: This week as a Seton!

Laura Ackerson: Reflection on Selections!