Laura Ackerson: Reflection on Selections!

Throughout our year of being part of the Setons of Gonzaga we have, as a group, further developed our passion and dedication for sisterhood, leadership and service. We have grown together through many laughs, dance parties with Artisans, cookie eating, and breaking tubing records to form bonds and friendships that are going to last us the rest of our lives. Reflecting on the memories and success of our year so far has been on my mind as we approach the season of Selections that is upon us.  
            Earlier this year, I was voted to be one of the Selections chairs, put in charge of organizing the Selections process to find the next group of 30 lucky girls to carry on the legacy of our organization. The rest of my Setons sisters and I are so excited to meet so many incredible girls that have chosen to apply. We look forward to the individuality, new perspective, and passion for our three pillars that each prospective girl offers, taking each of these into consideration when meeting the prospective ladies. 
            Though we are so excited to get to know so many incredible young women, I think I can speak for all of us that the quickly approaching selections process has been a wakeup call to all of us, as we realize just how quickly our time is coming to an end. I take heart, however, in knowing that the lessons we have learned from our humbling service events, the character built as we have all taken on a role of leadership on our campus, and the relationships built between my sisters and I, are going to serve us for the rest of our lives. Setons truly are forever. 
            I am so excited to share the incredible opportunities Setons has provided with 30 new young ladies that are going to grow and thrive more than they could know.  As we enter into this Selections process, I am confident that we will cherish the time together, as it is some of our last!
.

Laura Ackerson
Selections Chair
Setons 2017-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molly Burns: This week as a Seton!

Annalise Ellefsen: On Leadership!