Olivia Toland: This Week With Artisans!

After several weeks of going to Artisans, I've gotten to know my mentee, Erik, very well! Erik and I both share a passion for cooking and food. We love discussing recipes and telling each other about our favorite foods. Erik loves every type of food, EXCEPT organic spaghetti. Erik and I love watching The Food Network! His favorite show is Guy's Grocery Games, and mine is Giada at Home. It has been so cool to bond with Erik over these things. I can always expect a conversation about what we had for lunch as the first thing we talk about during our sessions. Erik and I also have bonded over the fact we both have Pugs. We love our dogs! Erik and I, as well as the other mentees and mentors in my group, are hoping to go on outings to the bowling alley, froyo, and even possibly the movies!
Erik ALWAYS has a smile on his face, whether we are playing games or doing something more serious like writing down our goals. This week Erik and I worked together to create cards, which will be sent out for our letter writing campaign. Erik decorated the front and I wrote on the inside of them. This task was right up Erik's alley, as drawing is one of his favorite past times. Another cool thing we did this week was take our Life Photo! These photos go inside the cards, and double as a photo and a video. Erik and I did our favorite dance moves and even ended with a high five. After our card making, we played Scrabble, which is one of our favorite games to play. Scrabble also helps us work towards Erik's goal of working on spelling! 
Meeting with Erik on Thursday's is always such a rewarding experience. I am so thankful for Artisans and that I have the opportunity to participate in such an awesome program. I can't wait for the rest of the year with Erik! 


Olivia Toland
Setons 2017-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molly Burns: This week as a Seton!

Laura Ackerson: Reflection on Selections!

Annalise Ellefsen: On Leadership!