Cayla Cambra: This Week With Artisans!

It’s been a few weeks since we started working with Artisans, and it’s been such a blast! My mentee’s name is Carrie, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her throughout the semester. Most days Carrie and I spend time telling stories, coloring, putting together puzzles, watching old movies, or working on some of her goals. This year, Carrie has three goals that she’s working on. The first is to improve her math skills. One of the first things that she told me when we met was that she wants to know how money works. Carrie has shown a lot of interest in cashier jobs, so we’ve been working with monopoly money to improve those skills. Another goal of Carrie’s is to improve her interviewing/ social skills. And the last major goal of hers is to learn the basic functions of computers. I thought that this was a really good goal, since most of today’s jobs involve some form of technology.
Working with Carrie and getting to know her has been such a privilege. It’s truly a mutually beneficial relationship since I learn equally as much from her as she does from me. I'm looking forward to spending another semester with Carrie, working towards her goals and having fun on social outings. Artisans is such a wonderful organization that makes a big difference in the lives of many individuals, and I’m so proud to be working with people and an organization that is doing so many wonderful things! 


Cayla Cambra 
Setons 2017-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molly Burns: This week as a Seton!

Laura Ackerson: Reflection on Selections!

Annalise Ellefsen: On Leadership!